Sunday, February 5, 2012

Welcome Tanner!

Yesterday Tanner arrived at the Johnson house.  Turns out he is not completely blind but more than likely can only see out of one eye.  He is also BIG.  Like chunky, very chunky.  He looks like Bruce if Bruce gained a lot of weight.  I'm trying to stay away from the f word (fat) but seriously if Tanner were a human he would be two Hoosier units.  It's pretty sad, he has been pacing around the house panting ever since he got dropped off.  Yesterday after his people left he would just stand by our front door with his nose on the ground waiting for them to come back.  Since he never slept in the bedroom, last night I slept on the couch while he slept on the floor next to me.  Every time Oliver woke up in the night (which is pretty frequently and involves me putting his pacifier back in and leaving his room), Tanner would get up, lumber after me, and start panting.  Every time I got up I would tell him to stay and that I'd be right back but the poor guy just didn't know what to do.  He would get confused and then take a couple minutes to lay back down.  He also didn't eat last night because he was all out of sorts.  We bought him a crate because that's where the boys eat and where they go when we're not home.  He got the concept of eating in the crate today but it also involved me gently pushing his back end into the crate so I could close the door. He doesn't like it though and does a cute little bark.  I'm really surprised at how quiet his bark is given his size.
Question: Am I crazy to have 3 dogs, an infant, and a husband who works 80+ hours a week?
Answer: Yes. Yes, I am.
Here's to hoping this poor guy adjusts to life in the Johnson house quickly, I'm afraid he's going to give himself a heart attack with all this panting and pacing.
*There are no pictures to post because try as I might, I just couldn't get him to stand still long enough to get a picture*

1 comment:

  1. I give Tanner a week and he is going to realize he is in dog paradise and be as happy as can be!

    ReplyDelete