Monday, March 19, 2012

It's 2:30am, that's a normal time to write a post right?


Ready for the nice weather
Oatmeal is delicious!

Baby straight jacket no longer works to help him sleep

I'm glad someone can sleep comfortably without being held

Tanner fitting in well with the Johnson's
Let's get one thing straight, I. am. exhausted.  My beautiful, non fussy, gorgeous child once slept through the night.  Those are nights I dream about as I stare slack jawed and glazed over at this computer screen. I swear sometimes I think he's a tiny militant who wakes at predetermined intervals to test my sanity.  Other times I am convinced that yes, he is indeed an angry dragon.  I've tried Ferberizing (letting him cry for 5 minutes, going in and soothing, repeat...repeat...repeat...repeat until he decides he can calm himself to sleep) which lasted a full week (it's supposed to work in 3 days) and only served to piss off my little dragon and leave him tomato red, kicking, screaming, thrashing and pacifier throwing as the nights wore on.  I've tried co sleeping which worked well the first two nights until he decided it was much more fun/comforting to sleep on top of me and screaming if I so much as dare delicately move him to the side of me in fears that he will suffocate from burying his face in my chest to sleep.  He spent most of today sleeping with his head buried in my chest/shoulder while sucking on his pacifier and screaming if I so much as dane to put him down for a second to use the bathroom.  He is currently moderately entertained by the straps on his high chair and smiling at me like "hey mom! let's play! i'm a baby who has no concept of time and no idea that while the rest of the world is comfortably sleeping in their own beds we should be playing!" I'm waiting for a tooth to poke through because I feel like he has been teething for the last few months.  I can only hope that at some point in the foreseeable future he will sleep without me holding him and won't wake up the mere second I lean over his crib and ever so gently try to put him to bed.  Sometimes I feel drunk due to lack of sleep (getting 4 hours over the course of 24 with it being divided into 30min to 45min chunks turns out is not all that beneficial) and at Five Guys the other day I stared stupidly at the college boy behind the counter when he asked what I wanted on my burger before stuttering and collecting my thoughts enough to say "um, um, ketchup mustard pickle onion? yeah that's right."  He of course looked at me like I was crazy and I was too tired to say otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment