Thursday, January 26, 2012

3 Pugs and a Baby


So after some consideration, we have decided to add a third pug to the Johnson clan. Someone I used to work with needed a home for her 7 year old almost blind pug. Needless to say, she asked the right person. I figure Bruce and Clark can show him the ropes, our backyard is fenced and really how much trouble could a vision imparied slightly geriatric snuggle pug be? He is trained to stay off the furniture so his little world will be upended when he moves in (I say this as Bruce sits stoically on the couch and Clark races back and forth on the back of the couch). He also sleeps in the kitchen at night in his current home. Again, this guy is in for a mighty big surprise when he moves in with the couple who had to upgrade to a king sized bed to make sure there was enough room for the puppies. What can I say, I love adventure and we're excited to have him spend his golden years as a Johnson!
Today was much better at the gym, Ollie let me get a solid workout in. The regular daycare girl, Julia, was there today and there were about 10 kids running around but Ollie had no problems at all. I WOULD have gotten to shower but all the showers were full. Oh well, gotta take what you can get. Chris and I started Crossfit and I have been three times. It is an amazing workout AND I can bring Ollie! It's a small gym with basic equipment like rowers, pull up bars, kettle bells, etc. I love it because the first time I went, our friend Tucker was the only other one working out with me and yesterday I was all by myself. It's like amazing personal training. It's also great because everything can be modified. My goal is to be able to do a legit pushup and pull up. Right now my upper body strength leaves a bit to be desired but I'm confident that will change.
On a separate but related note, Crossfit is to junk food as Antabuse is to alcohol. Yesterday Chris and I had Jimmy Johns not once but twice (within a few hours of each other) and I had two of the cookies and one and a half sandwiches. Gluttony, thy name is Michelle. Well when I woke up with a horrible stomachache today, I figure all this working out makes me want to eat healthier too.
*Note there is a moratorium on future pugs as we have reached the City of South Bend's limit on dogs.

1 comment: