Friday, May 18, 2012

Tanner Update

First the good news! Tanner is down 4 pounds since he became a Johnson in February! This is a lot for somebody who only weighs 20.2 pounds now.
Now the sad news, we took him back to the vet today because in the past week his vision has gotten really bad.  One day he thought I was the highchair, a clothes hamper, and the dishwasher (I know because I was trying to give him a treat and he was doing his little dance in front of these objects).  He also has started walking around very gingerly, knocks over his food and water bowl whenever he gets in his crate (which resulted in me just removing the water bowl completely and letting him drink from Bruce's bowl), and running into EVERYTHING; Ollie, walls, toys, chairs, etc.  He also has a hard time finding his way inside once he is outside on the deck.  The other morning I was letting him out of his crate and he somehow turned himself around and was pawing and trying to get out through the back of the crate.  The same day he just sat on his blanket and cried.  Good news?  No glaucoma (which dogs can get and if gets bad enough they just remove their eyes :( )  Bad news?  The poor guy is completely blind and has cataracts in both his eyes.  I also made him start wearing a "male wrap" which I call a sumo wrap to keep his confidence up because since he has no idea where he is half the time, he has taken to marking (most recently the car seat and my diaper bag).


Ollie has been enjoying the nice weather and is finally sleeping better.  He goes down by 8pm and sleeps until about midnight, gets up eats, and then sleeps again til about 4.  I know he should be sleeping through the night by now with no feedings but feeding him buys me a few more hours of sleep and we will cross that bridge when we come to it.  Ollie spends his days scootching around (no crawling yet) smiling, yelling/growling in excitement, grabbing fistfuls of the nearest pug brother, and melting my heart.  Tooth count is still 0. 

Mid squeal while on the slidey floors at Claire's house

No comments:

Post a Comment