Phone {ring ring}
Me: Hello?
Guy: Hi, is this Chris?
Me: No, this is Michelle.
Guy: Is Chris available?
Me: No he's at work right now. Who is this?
Guy: This is (of course I forgot his name) from the Hall of Heroes in Elkhart. I'm calling because we're going to have to move his museum tour at 2pm on Saturday because I have a birthday party scheduled. Do you know if he's available at 4pm?
Me: (laughing) We're getting a dog on Saturday afternoon, he would have to do it earlier.
Guy: Oh man, we're pretty booked up this Saturday we have a lot of birthday parties scheduled, the earliest I can do is 3:30.
Me: (still laughing) I'll have him call you when he gets off work.
Guy: (very enthusiastically) Great! Thanks!
Me: (to Chris's voicemail because he was hard at work being a doctor while now laughing hysterically) Yeah, you're supposed to call the Superhero guy back, they had to reschedule your museum tour due to too many birthday parties. Maybe you could get yourself invited to one and still go at 2? I bet they'll have cake and punch!
My main question, WHY does the Hall of Heroes in Elkhart have my number as opposed to Chris's? My other question, when oh when is Chris going to get to go to the museum? Maybe we can plan his 29th birthday party there? *Please note Chris was attending this museum with two of his colleagues, I assume they are equally disappointed.
In true form with his love for super heroes and naming our pugs all super hero names,
Chris: So I was looking for a super hero named Tanner and couldn't find one. There is a Conner, maybe I could call him Conner. No, that's probably not nice I should probably call him Tanner right?
Me: We're not changing the poor dog's name. He's 7 and will be shocked enough as it is moving in with us.
Chris: You're right. (Oh I love when he says that) How about Murdock? Because Murdock is Daredevil and he was blind. Tanner Murdock.
Me: Sounds good, Tanner Murdock Johnson.
Chris: (with a huge satisfied smile) Tanner Murdock!!!
We drove to Shipshewana this weekend and as we passed Elkhart, Adam shook his fist at the birthday parties that bumped their reservations.
ReplyDelete